Carter Lee Financial Services
Our contact details
Name: Carter Lee Financial Services
Address: 174 New Road, Skewen, Neath, SA10 6HD
Phone Number: 01792 416260
Date Privacy Notice Completed: 31/01/2023
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
· Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details);
· Financial information (for the purpose of combating fraud and money laundering);
· Health and medical information (for the purpose of providing insurance advice);
· Property informant (for the purpose of mortgage underwriting);
· See our privacy and cookies policy for details of information collected by our website.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
· Mortgage advice, assessment/qualification and underwriting;
· Insurance advice, assessment/qualification and underwriting.
This information is collected on a ‘contractual’ basis to assist us with providing you with a mortgage and protection advice service.
Obtained via information you enter on our website www.carterleefs.co.uk or third party introducers.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
· Lenders – Will provide us with necessary information to assist in providing advice, establishment of a lending product or the ongoing servicing of our customers;
· Insurers – Will provide us with necessary information to assist in providing advice, establishment of an insurance product or the ongoing servicing of our customers.
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide you with mortgage and/or insurance advice.
We may share this information with:
· Lenders (the specific lenders approached will be disclosed to you during the advice process);
· Insurance companies (the specific insurers approached will be disclosed to you during the advice process);
· The Financial Conduct Authority (regulatory purposes);
· The Information Commissioner’s Office (law enforcement);
· National Crime Agency (Law enforcement)
· Other law enforcement bodies (law enforcement);
· Customer Relationship Management and Product Sourcing Systems (day to day processing of your data).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
· We have a contractual obligation;
· We have a legal obligation;
· We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in electronic format using our customer relationship management system, The Key.
Additionally, we also make use of market leading product sourcing technology provided by Mortgage Brain, Trigold, iPipeline and AIR sourcing.
We keep the above personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil our regulatory and legal responsibilities. This means that we will retain your information for as long as you are legally able to file a complaint or as long as we have a legal obligation to do so under Anti-Money Laundering legislation. We will then dispose your information by permanently deleting from our files.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have certain rights; including:
· Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
· Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
· Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
· Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office [ICO] if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: www.ico.org.uk
PRIVACY AND COOKIES WEBSITE NOTICE
Who we are
Our website address is: https://carterleefs.co.uk.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.