Why Use Us To Insure While Playing Your Home?

Buildings Insurance

If you have a mortgage, your lender will insist that your property (and their security) is protected by buildings insurance. These policies will normally pay out if your property is destroyed by fire, floods or subsidence (although you will need to check if you live on a flood plain, for example). Damage to fixed fittings such as baths and kitchens are often included, as well as sheds, greenhouses and garages.

It’s always best to shop around for your buildings insurance when you take out your mortgage which is where Carter Lee comes in.  We work with a large number of insurance providers which enables us always to deliver the right insurance product for you.

The cover is based on what your home would cost to rebuild.  It is important to tell your insurer if you extend your property, for example with a loft conversion or conservatory. Your belongings are not covered by your buildings insurance, these need to be covered separately with contents insurance.

We usually find that you get the better deal if you purchase your buildings and contents insurance together.

Most of these policies have a standard excess charge which means you agree to pay the first part of any claim, for example the first £50 or £100. If you are prepared to pay a higher excess you might get a cheaper policy.

When sourcing insurance policies, we always compare what’s covered by a policy, not just the price as some may be cheaper but won’t necessarily offer the same level of protection.

For more information about buildings insurance, call Carter Lee on 01792 416260 or email us with your specific enquiry at info@carterleefs.co.uk.

Contents Insurance

A contents insurance policy will cover the loss of or damage to the contents of your home. This includes your furniture, electrical goods and other items in your home. Some policies cover you for items you take outside, for example cameras, jewellery and briefcases.

Different policies offer different levels of cover but generally you’ll be covered against theft and fire, and have the option to insure against accidental damage.

You will need to specify the value of the contents to be insured. Some companies have limits on the value of any one item under the general policy so you’ll need to specify individual items such as expensive jewellery or camera equipment, for example.

Your cover may also be affected or cancelled if you leave your home empty for a long period of time, or if you let it out. Damage to the building itself is not covered; this needs to be covered separately with a buildings insurance policy.

Many insurers will offer discounts if you have a burglar alarm, window locks or if you’re a member of a Neighbourhood Watch scheme. You will usually get a better deal if you combine contents and buildings insurance.

Most policies have a standard excess charge which means you agree to pay the first part of any claim, for example the first £50 or £100. If you agree to pay a higher excess you might get a cheaper policy.

At Carter Lee will always source the best policy to cover your contents ensuring that we take into account specific, precious items as well as the general contents of your home. As we have long-standing relationships with an extensive range of reputable insurance providers, you can rest assured that all policy options we present will be best available in the current marketplace.

For more information about contents insurance, call Carter Lee Financial Services on 01792 416260 , email us with your specific enquiry at info@carterleefs.co.uk  or by our various forms of contact on website on social


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published.